Day 1: My Birthday


Even though the picture shows a one hundred year old, I am in fact only 36 years old today. I have been in "full-time ministry" or as I call it "full-time vocational ministry" for 13+ years. I prefer to call it "full-time vocational ministry" because we are all ministers that are followers of Christ. It just so happens that I decided to make it my full time choice being a pastor.

I enjoy blogging and being very open regarding my journey as a pastor. After being asked by a few of my European friends (from "That's not my God")to do this, I thought it will take a commitment on my part to stick to this but will do it none-the-less. This blog will go until April 29, 2011. I being a pastor will share my daily experiences of what I think about, deal with, and see being a pastor. Perhaps it will be one of the most funny, transparent, heart-breaking, inspiring writings you will see from a first-generation pastor. In other words...I will be real.

My desire is to help "pastors to be" decide if this is the life they want for themselves. It is also my desire to help you learn how to support your pastor wherever you may attend church. Lastly, I hope to be an inspiration to pastors thinking about quiting the ministry.

Are you ready for true honesty from a guy that seems to speak what is on his mind? Let the one year journey begin!

Find out more about me by finding me on facebook or visit a new online ministry I began entiteld, www.thatsnotmygod.com. If you would like to find out more about the church I am pastor of, please visit www.radiantfellowship.net.

So get ready for the most random yet real blog you may have ever read. Feel free to comment and ask questions....not much these days offend me. I will share in days and weeks to come as I commit to blogging every day for the next year.

Reality tv? How about reality blogging?

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this, and some funny stories
    along your 1 year journey. Take care and this will be very
    interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts