Day 2: Sometimes You Gotta Ditch It


Sometimes you have to walk away from what you are doing. This was one of those days in the life of a pastor where that needed to happen. It began on Tuesday with a computer meltdown on a one year old HP. I know what you are thinking, GET A MAC! Well, I am a PC and really do like them overall. What would cause this quad core computer with a 24" LED screen to crash? Who knows. I am thankful for the fact that I am a tech geek and finally got it fixed.

As I was fixing it though I realized that I still have to edit the video announcements. I think it gets to boring when someone reads the announcements at a church so we use video announcements...a commercial break if you will. As I was realizing I still had to do these I was also thinking about my family being locked up in the house all day and a little outing would be just the right thing.

Fast forward a couple of hours I got Windows 7 installing AGAIN and there was nothing else I could do except say..."SEE YA." So my wife and I loaded up the family and went out for dinner and do some shopping. A few hours and dollars later we came home and were glad we got out.

I have learned to NEVER put your ministry before your family. If it means there might not be video announcements this week or you have to cancel something...SO BE IT. If you are a pastor, your best partner in ministry is your family....DON'T MESS IT UP!

Comments

Popular Posts