Abba's Embrace


This morning started off as most mornings do in the Adams home. I wake up James at 7:45 and made my way down to Emma’s room. Emma always seems to take a bit more time to wake up. This morning however once she was up, she was jumping around and being silly. Keep in my mind my girl is only 4 years old. After telling her to settle down she insisted on jumping and being goofy. I must admit that I did laugh because she was being so goofy but deep down I knew she is going to hit something. It happened, she jumped forward and tried to jump back slipping on a shirt she left on her floor which landed her right on her butt. It wasn’t a light bump. Rather it was one you could tell had to hurt pretty bad. 

I will admit there was a part of me that wanted to drive the point all parents do “see if you would have just listened to me.” However, I could tell she was hurt but did not want to cry because she wasn’t listening. All I did was stretch out my arms as I sat on the edge of her bed and she ran to my embrace. I told her it was okay to cry as it probably did hurt. That was all she needed and she let loose. After a bit of time she regained her composure and we moved on with the morning. 

This is how I view our heavenly father when we do not listen and ultimately end up hurting ourself. Full of grace and compassion he loving opens his arms up to us so we may feel our father’s embrace. It is with the words “let it all out” that we begin to cry, let out our frustrations and have a moment in our father’s presence. Scripture clearly points out “there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” I don’t have to expect anything but love from my Abba father when I am hurt and in need of his embrace. This is a good place to be. 

No matter what we are going through we can know our father’s arms are wide open ready to embrace us. 

Comments

  1. This was beautiful, Pastor Bob! Thanks for sharing! You're a great dad to your lucky kiddos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts