Day 129: Descent Into Darkness

Matthew 5:14 gives us a most powerful title as Christians, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."

The problem I foresee with some Christians is that we sit in church and compare how bright our lights are. When we do this we argue who is right and who is wrong. Meanwhile, no one is doing anything to make a difference. We just rely on our catchy little church outreaches to bring people in. The funny thing about a light is that you never know how bright it is until it goes into darkness. Ever since I went to Cornerstone this past summer and then to Alice Cooper I have heard God telling me that he is prepping me for ministry in very dark places. While I was at a state fair this past weekend, I was wearing my, Alice Cooper "Theater of Death" t-shirt. Out of the blue this metal head comes up to me and says, "That is a cool *%$!ing t-shirt". He proceeded to show me his t-shirt which was an Alice Cooper one as well. I was with family and extended family so I did not talk long but we talked none-the-less. As I walked away I told Tracy, "I bet he didn't know he was talking to a pastor." That would have been a great conversation.

God has a real way of taking those strong in their faith and using them in different ways. I have great anticipation regarding what God is going to do with me in weeks and months to come. There are already things coming to mind that I will be doing in order to reach people for Christ. I look forward to sharing these things with you in the very near future.

As I am writing this blog I am listening to a group called, "Leper." They are a phenomenal Christian industrial/goth band. The song I keep listening to is "Take What You Want." That is truly what God is doing with me....I find great light, joy and peace as I descent into darkness in order to share with people the love of Christ.


Comments

  1. descending into darkness is necessary for appreciating the light,,, it's like we have to go to hell to know heaven,,, without one, we cannot recognize the other.
    as i keep my eyes on you, you never cease amazing me,,, once i belonged to a church "family", it proved highly faulty,,, MoneyPowerEgo took over and it became a building for the wealthy of bank accounts, not the heart. i see you and yours becoming wealthy of heart and soul.
    thank you for being who you are and allowing Spirit Its way with you.
    much Love and Respect,,, Lisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that as you go in this direction it may be beneficial to remember these words... even meditate on them and, their meaning and implication. 2Co 5:18-21 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; (19) that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the *message of reconciliation.* (20) Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. (21) For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts