Day 133: Reaching Out


I have been coming to discover more and more that no matter how you slice it...it is the heartbeat of God that we reach the outcasts of our society. Whether these people are "up and outs...people who have everything but still lack purpose" or the "down and outs...people who have nothing." This is what I am becoming more and more confident about...that we don't leave it up to those other non-profit ministries to do the work but that we get out and do something. It is my opinion that we simply cannot open our church doors and hope that people come into our catchy little outreach events or concerts.

If you do a concert...get it out of the building. If you do an outreach...get it out of the church. Tomorrow begins my journey into the dark in order to reach a certain crowd that some Christians wouldn't touch. I do know that if this crowd comes to Radiant Fellowship...they will be accepted with open arms.

Comments

  1. I totally agree with this post... I think Bob Pierce said it best ‎"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God"... World Vision founder. The people that the world thinks the least of, God's thinks the most of.

    I enjoy your posts... keep up the good work... God is with you.

    Peace,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts