Day 46: Howard Stern vs. Bret Michaels


"During his comeback concert in Biloxi, Miss. over the weekend, recuperating rocker Bret Michaels hinted that he might replace the just-departed Simon Cowell. "I don't know if it's true, but I could possibly be a judge on American Idol," he told fans."-US Weekly

Alright, so here comes a controversial blog your way. This one does not have anything to do with pastoring but rather my opinion on an issue so near and dear to a pop-culture kind of guy. A few months ago I stated on my facebook why Howard Stern might be a good judge on American Idol. I cited the fact that you don't get to the level of radio show host he is without knowing music. You don't become the number one morning show guy on K-ROCK in NYC by not knowing music. Pretty much if your band got played on K-ROCK you were going places. Howard Stern help discover Bon Jovi and other groups. I caught allot of heat for this because some stated how immoral he is. Perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't in the realm of who else might be considered for American Idol.

The latest buzz is that Bret Michaels (lead singer of Poison) might take Simon Cowell's spot. The question I am raising is why isn't everyone that raised a stink about Howard Stern being a possible judge not doing the same thing with this guy? Because he had a brain hemorrhage? I would contest that this guy is far more immoral than Howard Stern is. Come on folks, this is the same guy that if you were raising a kid in the 80's in a good moral home you did not want your kids listening to or watch their videos on MTV. All you would have to do is check out this link. Here is a guy that has a sex tape circulating around and brags about the thousands of women he has been with. He has two kids and no wife according to www.associatetdcontent.com. Howard Stern has three kids from his first marriage. Yes he got divorced but before we rush to judgment about him getting divorced...have you been? Has someone you know been divorced? He has remarried and according to pop culture magazines, etc. he is faithful to her. But, because Bret Michaels had a brain hemorrhage he is now elevated to a good guy status? Just saying. Rock of Love (cough cough).

The thing people tell me about American Idol and my thoughts about Howard Stern is that they don't want anyone to corrupt this good family show. Well, that has already happened by some of the singers and their voices lol. Seriously though there is already a lesbian on the this family show who knows nothing about music in the capacity of making these young people an American icon.

So what am I getting at with this blog? I am not condoning Howard Stern though I think it would spice up the show because he is much like Simon in that he is not afraid to tell it like it is. He would get my vote. Don't worry it is not like FOX would allow him to pull shenanigans on the show that he does on his Sirius/XM show. That is why he left terrestrial radio...because the FCC fined him left and right. They would monitor his every step on this show. The thing I am getting at is that if we call out one person, let's do our homework and find out about these other people they are thinking about as well and then have an informed argument about these things.

I vote for Will Hung to be a judge!

Comments

  1. Howard Stern makes me gag. But your point is a valid one. I'm not voting (if I had a vote) for either of them. Creepy, both of 'em. And as for Ellen, she's appealing and kind of cute and seems very hip at the moment. But...seriously? Ellen as a music judge? I stopped watching Idol (for the most part) at that point--and it had nothing to do with her being a lesbian. Idol is fading, dontcha think? Howard might inject it with some life--but--yeeech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's funny that you call yourself a "popculture kind of guy". To me this implys that; you keep up to date with celebrity gossip, fashion and current music and are accepting of all these things.

    Though, your religious views seem to cloud this. Howard Stern may have had a rough life. But before we rush into judgment.. whats your life been like? Perhaps you have just had different outlets.

    On the topic of Ellen - her sexuality does not discredit her exceptional way of entertaining people. If you were as popculture as you say you are - you would know that Ellen has a recording company called eleveneleven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts