Day 52: The Book

It has been a long time since I talked about the book I began writing entitled "Things They Didn't Teach Me in Seminary." I look at the last update and it was sent out in the fall of 2008 to people I was sharing the dream with. There is ALOT that has happened since then. For starters I became a dad which I am sure you know. I still pastor at Radiant Fellowship and since began a new online ministry entitled "That's Not My God." It is a ministry to engage people in conversation on dealing with past hurts in church and theological teachings that are not biblical. Since this ministry began a couple months ago over 580 people are actively engaged in it.

The biggest thing I have learned is that God's timing is not my timing (no mystery right?). There were times I began to wonder if this book would ever be finished and I am VERY PLEASED to inform you that it has been picked up! The one thing I can tell you is that maybe it took this long for the technology to catch up because it is going to be released exclusively on the Amazon Kindle to start. The go live date will be January 1st 2011! If you do not have a Kindle I can tell you if you go their website you can download the app free for computers, smartphones, ipod or ipad.

It has been a long time coming but my sphere of influence has grown immensely because of what God is doing. Perhaps the reason why it has taken so long for this book to move forward is because of all the new people I now know. With the facebook group "That's Not My God" over 580 people are currently a part of this group. There are 200+ people that subscribe to the podcasts of Radiant Fellowship and "That's Not My God." There are many more that read my daily blog www.pastorbobsconfessional.blogspot.com. God has been working to bring together a great group of people.

Beginning this Sunday afternoon Tracy and I will venture to Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, IL. It is a music festival much like Lifefest (only better hehe). There are of people in attendance to hear many bands including David Crowder Band, Toby Mac, Switchfoot, etc. I have been asked to share the evening message at the Sanctuary tent each night during this event. I AM TRULY HUMBLED as this was an event I attended many times in the past.

The same ministry that has asked me to share at Cornerstone has also asked me to fly with them to Switzerland in March of 2011 where a big music ministry event happens (let the fundraising begin!).

I look at all that is going on and cannot help but think that God has enlarged my territory (prayer of Jabez) to have a great launch to this book and ministry.

I appreciate your prayers as we move forward.

Thank you for believing in me and this endeavor! I look forward to wrapping this up and sharing it with many!

Comments

Popular Posts