COVID Chronicles Quarantine Day 4 of 10

Thanks again for joining me in reading this blog. Why am I doing this? Here is the easy answer....complete boredom and I have a copious amount of time on my hands. That is all really. Oh...and maybe if someone has not have COVID yet, perhaps this blog will answer some questions. 


It was one of those days where I woke up feeling fine. In fact I felt like taking a bit of a drive and so I headed out to the camper. Once I arrived I really didn’t do anything out there other than to check the mouse traps (happy to report no mice) and look things over.


After taking a walk around I knew it was probably not the wisest idea to do this. What little energy I did have was officially gone. I got back in the car and headed home. One of the misconceptions about COVID that I have read about is laying around all day is a good thing. As much as I would enjoy doing that, I have found ways to keep myself occupied be it going for a walk, working on a hobby, etc. Like any other illness where it would be nice to sit around it simply isn’t wise. The reason being is that your lungs need to work and this keeps pneumonia away. I could not imagine going through this with any other illness compounded on top of it. 


There is an upside to all of this though and that is if I did lose my sense of smell, I would not know. For months I have not been able to smell and can barely taste thus the surgery coming up later this month. So…there’s that. All in all though in the words of the Beatles “I have to admit it’s getting better…..”


So…if you are reading this and have COVID allow me to challenge you to get up and do something once in awhile. It is what’s best for you. Well...that an naps help as well. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts