Day 22 of 365: A Short Break

So I have not blogged daily for a bit and so I am playing catch up. What was the reason for me dropping the ball (no pun intended...sorry Packer fans)? It was due in part to a lock-in at our church for a group called the Royal Rangers. 

For quite a few years now we have had this group going. The best way I can describe it is that it’s a faith based Boy Scout program started by the Assemblies of God a few decades ago. 


The founder of this program was a man named Johnny Barnes. I actually got to meet Johnny when I was a 9 year old at a Ranger summer camp. It was at that camp out or as we called it “Pow-Wow” that I gave my heart to the Lord. With hundreds of other boys at this camping event, I responded to the speaker to come up to the front and give my heart to God. 


This is why I am so passionate about this program at Radiant Fellowship. It is also the reason that I along with our other leaders make it a special time each Wednesday night. We want these kids to get to know God better. It is our desire to also help the boys make lasting friendships with others in attendance.


On Friday night of last week we held a lock-in at church. Everyone arrived at the church at 7:00 p.m. We let the kids play video games, eat pizza and other snacks, watch a movie and tried to go to bed at 1:00 a.m. It ended up being 3:00 a.m. before everyone nodded off. The kids had a blast. 


We look forward to many other activities like this. It’s never a bad time to invest in your local church’s kids program. Get involved....you might just like it.

Comments

Popular Posts