Day 24 of 365: Better to Give Than Receive

In Acts chapter 20 verse 35 we read a very important part of being a Christian. It says “It’s more blessed to give than receive.” What strikes me about this passage is just how many Christians think this refers to material possessions. That may be part of it but it certainly is not the main thrust of this passage. 

For a couple of weeks I have been going back and fourth regarding something I know I should do. Have you had those moments? You know what you ought to do but you try and delay the inevitable. It’s not because I am not wanting to do it…on the contrary, I am pretty excited about. What concerns me is the amount of time it will take. 


Well, today I gave in and messaged my friend Javier Gongora on Ambergris Caye in Belize. The purpose of the message was to offer my services to his church. A Spanish speaking only Assembly of God church. They are really doing their best down there but don’t have a website. After telling him that I would be willing to do their site for free; they were super excited and told me it was an answer to prayer.

When we can get out of the mindset that giving means material items, I believe more people will understand it to mean giving of time and talents. 


I will post the web address to this great church when I am finished. 

Comments

Popular Posts