Day 17 of 365: I'm Freaking Out Man!

 

Foundational passages of scripture


2 Timothy 1:7 “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” 


Hebrews 13:6 “So we say with confidence ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?’”


John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” 


I could exponentially add to this but will stop here to state my case.

In the 46 years of living on this earth I have lived through 8 presidents (soon to be 9). I realize many others could say they have lived through more. My dad is going to be 81 years old soon and no doubt he could list many more. I/we have seen a lot of history through these presidents. Stories of victory and some stories…well…not so much. 


Fact of life is that elections will not always go your way. Sometimes it is shady and other times it is downright nasty. We have seen that within this past election. Regardless, it is not a surprise to God. It really isn’t. However, we see it all the time. If the Democrats win… bad things will happen because that elected person is probably the anti-christ. If the Republicans win then all of the freedoms will be taken away. On and on it goes president after president. It’s as if a case of amnesia settles in each election. We have seen theses things happen over and over again. 


So…what’s my point? I am glad you asked. If you are a Christian then WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? We must remind ourselves of these foundational scriptures that I posted at the top of this blog. If we believe and follow the ways of Christ then what are you freaking out about? I mean…yeah things can be shaky and nerve racking and….and…..and. What about knowing God is still in control? I suppose we can make up all kinds of excuses regarding the COVID vaccination and more but once again…this is nothing new to American history and this is certainly nothing new to God. 


If you are a Christian going into full tilt panic mode let me encourage you with this quote by J. C. Ryle “There will be no universal peace until the Prince of Peace appears”. Okay…let me get a bit more scriptural. How about John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” 


Hey Christian…do you believe what you read in scripture? Then act like it. People are watching and we ought to be a light not beacons of panic. 

Comments

Popular Posts