Day 28 of 365: Just Help

Here we are just one month into the new year and already I have one surgery down that just might take care of my deductible for the year. All of the work they did on my nose one would have thought they could have reduced the size of it but alas, that did not happen. Oh well...here’s to wishful thinking. 

What always amazes me though when I go through these difficult times with my health is people’s generosity in surprising my family with pre-made meals. This weekend we were blessed with a yummy chicken alfredo dish and a fantastic homemade chicken pot pie. We did not ask for them but they showed up. 


This is what I have come to know about helping people. Many times when you ask a person going through a time of loss, surgeries, etc. what they need....they don’t honestly know. The best thing a friend, family member or church friend can do is just show up. Cut the lawn, bring a meal, drop off a gift card it is all appreciated that is IF you are allowed to come to their house. I have heard of cases where the person did not want anyone to come to their home. In that case...you tried. 


Scripture states “our Father knows what we want before we even ask for it...”, I wonder how much that trickles over into the life of a Christian knowing each other’s needs AND HELPING before the one needing help even asks. Hmmmm......

Comments

Popular Posts